As a native Taipei girl, I’ve been to Tamsui a million times. Why? It is a MUST GO tourist spot in Taipei. Feel the Magnificent Scenery along the Waterfront, Taste the Authentic Traditional Street Foods there, and Have Fun just like Local Taiwanese! Come on, let me show you! 😉 (At the end of this post, I will let you know why Tamsui is the Best Waterfront Area in Taipei in detail. Feel free to skip to the end if you want!)
The easiest way to get to Tamsui is by taking the MRT(Taipei Metro). Take the Tamsui–Xinyi Line(Red Line) and get off at the last station—Tamsui Station. Usually, it takes about 1 hour at most to get there. (Click HERE to see the Taipei Metro Route Map!)
Tamsui Old Street is one of the most popular tourist spots that everyone will go to when they come to Tamsui. You can see that as soon as you get out of the station since it’s right next to it. It’s like a shopping street, there are street foods, souvenir stores, and local specialties. You can also buy fashion items such as bags, hats, and accessories!
The point of my OOTD is the Mint Casual Striped Sleeveless High-low Dress, I think it’s perfect for hanging out in the waterfront area, don’t you agree? Below are similar high-low dresses and flip-flops that I found, click it to see the details if you are interested! 😉
Enjoy the Best View at LATTEA
There is a Café around Tamsui Old Street called LATTEA, it’s a nice place to take a break when you feel tired walking the street. What’s amazing is, it is located on the 2nd floor, face to the waterfront, so you can enjoy the BEST VIEW of Tamsui!
The girl with the cute bang is Jenny, my bestie. She is also the one who took the Day Trip with me to Taichung. We took so many pictures(selfies😝) at the café because you know…the natural lighting was so good!!
Also, the café has an outdoor area, it’s so great to feel the sea breeze outside. Maybe you can take some stunning pictures as we did over there.
I highly recommend that come to Tamsui in the afternoon and you will see the extraordinary sunset view with the gradation. Here are some photos that I really want to show you guys, swipe to the end to see the various sides of Tamsui!
LATTEA (Tamsui) Directions ➼
The Reason why Tamsui is the Best Waterfront Area in Taipei
These are all the good things about Tamsui, including what you can do there:
- Great Accessibility: As I mentioned above, you can take the MRT(Taipei Metro) to get to Tamsui, no need to transfer to a bus or any other transportation.
- Countless Street Foods and Local Specialties: Tamsui Agei and Iron egg are very famous specialty food from Tamsui. As for dessert, Original Cake is very popular in Asia. Mochi 99 is a mochi snack shop that I want to recommend.
- Best Waterfront View that you can hardly find in other places in Taipei.
- It is available to go to Fisherman’s Wharf or Bali by ferry, it is one of the most fun things to do in Tamsui!
- You can also rent the bike and cycle along the waterfront, sounds good, right?
- Not only Foreigners like visiting there but also Local Taiwanese enjoy spending the day there, including me.
If you have never been to Taipei, this is one of the places that I recommend the most. If you have been there, let me know what you think about it! ☺️
Tamsui Directions ➼